Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Review of Click Awards

We have posted my personal comments on the Click awards for all to read, now here is another perspective from my judi. John is extremely accurate in his descrpition. Here is what John writes:
As you all know I attended the Clik Honors Elite 25 Awards Show on Saturday. I would have written my Revue sooner, however I thought it more prudent that I allowed a few days to release some of the ecstasy that I had stored up from the event in order to give a more accurate account of what really happened! My verdict? It was THE MOST inspiring event that I have attended in YEARS!!!Was it without fault? Of course not! But given its intent and execution, I was able to overlook the very few minor details that I'm sure will be corrected with time.Management of MEN OF ATL were front and center at the event, basking in the richness of the legacy it honored, and the one it inspired and created. Make no mistake the kids came in flocks with freshly pressed frocks and locks. Some made the mistake of wearing Fur coats in 70 degree weather, and others misunderstood a Boxing Robe and shorts for "Dress To Impress" attire. However, if anyone can deny that there were some BEAUTIFUL GUYS and GALS in the house, surely they were at another Affair.I was disappointed at the fact that many of Atlanta's Leaders were noticably absent. And yes I know that gay politics played alot into their abscence. However, I wonder just how important it was for them to miss out, because "they" were not being honored, nor asked to serve on any "official" capacity? It is just as bad as those that paid or brown-kissed their way to an award. This is NO reflection on those that were not able to make it for "legitimate" reasons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are mad that this organization is misusing public dollars. I have made phone calls on your behalf, because i think i know what you are talking about. I had a bad experience during National HIV Testing Day at Moorehouse. There was one organization that just completely unprofessional.

Mark Johnson

Anonymous said...

Mark if you truly go to Morehouse, you should learn how to spell it before you contact your local congressman.