Thursday, December 14, 2006

Where have you been?

This is not me, but i wish it was.
If one more person asks me "where have you been?" I will scream. I am so sorry, just started this new a gig and getting use to the hours and all that stuff. I'm in between meetings rite now and just wanted to share this cute little pic with you all. So here is the run down Honestly, I have taken on this new craft. (No, it has nothing to do wiht credit cards). Someone is teaching to crochet. Yes, it is gay, but it is something that I have wanted to do for such a long time. I use to watch the women do and was always fascinated with the way there hands moved in and out to weave such nice designs. Well, anyway it is taking me sometime to learn how to hold the needle, but i am getting there. My first project was to create a scarf, it is a hot mess. I mean every word with that, but since it is my first project I am so proud of it. I plan to rock it regardless of what it looks like, its mine and i made it. Can I urge all my fans to call their local congressional black caucus member to insist that there be oversight of non-profit organizations, especially the ones hare are receiveing money to conduct AIDS services. I am thinking of one particular organization in Atlanta that is a complete mess that keeps getting funded just because it is the only organization that "serves minority communities". To hell with them. Their Executive Director is making 6 figures and runs his organization like the Amistad. Any service provider in town will tell you that they are a problematic organization that is mishandling public dollars. One good current example is that the organization leases a luxury car for the purposes of getting an Executive staff member around town. Now, folks lets think about this, people are dying of AIDS day and night and here we have the charity organization leasing luxury european cars to get an Executive around. This is absolutely absurd. If these persons are commited to the cause as they would have us beleive, they could use their own vehicles just like the rest of us. We are calling for a congressional investigation for this organization. Interviews with current and past staff sound like the environement in there is torturous. One staff person has provide us with picturse of mold, mildew, and dust lurking all about the organization. So what does this have to do with this picture, the public is getting fucked by a mad man. I urge you to call the Center for Disease Control and Prevention to insist that this organization who is suppose to provide education and services to minorities be investigated. I will keep you posted. Let me get back to my crochet. I have made my calls have you. PS Ask to speak to Dr. Kevin Fenton or Julie Guerbedine.